Please reload

Recent Posts

Stockport Town Launch New Club Badge

July 9, 2018

Please reload

Featured Posts

Lions Fightback at Chadderton

October 13, 2016



Stockport Town came from behind twice to overcome Chadderton in a 3-2 away win at the ARK Fleetech Stadium on Tuesday evening.


Both sides came into the match mid-table in the Hallmark Security League and knew that victory would bring their side closer to a playoff place.


Goals from Nathan Neequaye and a brace from Kiarno Samms cancelled out James Curley’s double either side of half-time.


It was the home side who took the lead after 15 minutes, all against the run of play. Town were pressing high up the pitch when a loose pass was intercepted, Curley picked up the ball just inside the Stockport half before lobbing Daniel Whiting in goal from 40 yards.


Stockport tried to hit straight back minutes later as Neequaye saw his header glance over the bar following a delightful cross from Jack Beswick.


Lions supporters would have been forgiven for thinking it wasn't going to be their night after George Blackwell, Neequaye and then Mark German all saw their shots denied by a resilient home defence.


However Town did grab a goal back five minutes before half-time, Samms rifling a shot home from a tight angle after a fantastic cross-field pass from Jamie Kay on the left.


Stockport came out on the offensive after the restart, feeling they deserved to be in front after their first half display in front of goal.


Despite Lee O’Brien and Neequaye coming close to putting the Lions in front, it was the home side who once again capitalised on a defensive error as Curley tucked home his second of the match after beating Whiting at his near post.


Curley almost grabbed his hat-trick in the 58th minute had it not been for a diving save from Whiting helped on its way via the crossbar. Town were on the back foot.


Once again the resilient Lions fought back and brought the game level for a second time as Samms found himself in space inside the Chadderton penalty area before firing past Smith in goal.


Both sides then had chances to go in front, Curley once again in the thick of the action as a world-class save from Whiting tipped over his header, meanwhile O’Brien saw his shot deflected wide for a corner inside the home penalty box.


The ever deadly Neequaye eventually had the last laugh in the match as he picked up the ball outside the area before driving forward and unleashing a pinpoint shot into the bottom corner, leaving the keeper with no chance.


The away supporters and players went wild as the away side saw out the remainder of the match and secured three vital away points.


Calum Sykes’ Lions are next in action when they return home to Stockport Sports Village, welcoming Alsager Town, a side they recently defeated away in the FA Vase First Round, kick-off 3pm.

Please reload

Follow Us
Please reload

Search By Tags
Please reload

  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
Club Sponsors & Partners

© 2015 by Stockport Town FC Company Number: 08885015

Mailing List