Please reload

Recent Posts

Stockport Town Launch New Club Badge

July 9, 2018

Please reload

Featured Posts

Lions' Run Ends At Daisy Hill

October 19, 2016


Stockport Town’s three match winning run came to an end on Monday evening following a 5-2 defeat away at Daisy Hill in the Hallmark Security League.


Goals from Jordon Hussey, Ashley Stott, Matthew Davison, David Parker and Kyle Hynes cancelled out Lions strikes from Liam Bennion and Ruben Abreu.


The match got off to a good start for Stockport after early shots from Abreu and a returning Andy Graham so the away side come close in the opening 10 minutes.


Bennion then put the Lions in front with a brilliant tap in at the near post following a brilliant cross from Kiarno Samms on the right hand side.


However the opening goal seemed to spark the home side into life as they began putting more pressure on the Town defence.


Hussey eventually found the equaliser for his side as he drilled home his shot from inside the six yard box after the ball had dropped down following a corner.


Just like Daisy Hill had, Town appeared to up their game after conceding and the match began end to end stuff for the later stages on the first half, but both sides held on to go in level at the break.


It was a disastrous start for Calum Sykes’ Lions in the second half as Stott put the home side in front inside two minutes of the restart after being played in by Corey Harrison.


Daisy Hill had opportunities to extend their lead following Stott’s effort, cracking the crossbar in the 52nd minute following a well taken freekick.


The Lions enjoyed a fair share of the possession but were struggled to find the final pass inside the area, Edward Driver came close at the near post but was denied by Craig Haynes in goal.


The visitors then found their sought after equaliser and it all came from a dazzling run from Abreu. Collecting the ball just inside the Hill half, the winger raced down the left wing before cutting inside and into the box and finishing into the far corner.


However just one minute later Town had Daniel Whiting to thank after the Lions keeper pulled off a world-class save to tip over Jake Foster’s header.


With both sides searching for a winner George Blackwell came close for Stockport after his shot deflected onto the woodwork but just seconds later it was the hosts who retook the lead as Davision stroked home inside the box.


As Town went on the attack in order to salvage a draw they left themselves open in defence and the result was eventually put to bed in the 90th minute as Parker headed home from a corner.


Just when the Lions thought it couldn't get any worse, Daisy Hill substitute Hynes popped up in the penalty area to smash home his sides 5th of the game as the final whistle blew at the restart.


Stockport must now regroup and put this result behind them as they return to cup action with weekend when they host their first ever FA Vase match as they welcome Ryhope CW to Stockport Sports Village on Saturday afternoon, kick-off 3pm.

Please reload

Follow Us
Please reload

Search By Tags
Please reload

  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
Club Sponsors & Partners

© 2015 by Stockport Town FC Company Number: 08885015

Mailing List