Please reload

Recent Posts

Stockport Town Launch New Club Badge

July 9, 2018

Please reload

Featured Posts

Town Maintain 100% Record at Lambeth Grove

August 28, 2017

Stockport Town maintain their 100% home record with a 3-2 win over Eccleshall on Monday afternoon in the Hallmark Security League.


The Lions returned to Stockport Sports Village on the Monday Bank Holiday following a hard-fought 3-3 draw away at Abbey Hulton Utd on the Saturday.


Goals from Ben Halfacre and an Ashley Stott brace saw Town secure all three points after Eccleshall took the lead through Elliott Booth, before Dwayne Spence’s effort got the visitors back in the game in the second half.

The opening exchanges saw both sides looking to keep the ball on the ground and dominate possession in the midfield, and it was from this that Eccleshall took the lead after seven minutes.


Dahrius Waldron latched onto a second ball following an aerial duel, however the defender then slipped in possession and Booth capitalised by racing through on goal and slotting past Dane Smith in goal.


Despite falling behind the Lions continued their game plan and began to dictate play, including some wonderful flowing football, and the hosts came close to an equaliser through Halfacre following Tyler Edwards’ cross, but his shot was tipped wide of the post.


Stockport did eventually get back level after Daryl Grant raced down the right channel and lifted a cross into the box and Halfacre duly dispatched into the back of the net.


Just minutes later and Town could have gone in front but the crossbar saved Eccleshall’s blushes following Edwards’ effort on the edge of the penalty area.


Halfacre and Grant went close to a second for the Lions on separate occasions but it looked as though the visitors would see off the home pressure to the half-time whistle. However Stott had other ideas.


A quick freekick on halfway found Matthew Todd out wide, and the defender crossed into the box as Stott calmly controlled and fired past Owen Wyatt in the Eccleshall goal on the stroke of halt-time.


Jack Warren went close to bringing the scores level after the break, but his effort from just outside the box was straight at Smith between the sticks.


Midfielder Conor Downes had a resolute game throughout and came close to getting his name on the scoresheet as his long range effort worked Wyatt in goal and was saved well. But the Lions didn't have long to wait after to extend their lead.


Dave Short, having pushed forward from centre-back, fired a strike on target but Wyatt failed to collect the ball and spilled it into Stott’s path, and the striker tucked away the rebound.


Just three minutes later, after Town thought they had the result in the bag, Eccleshall replied with their second of the afternoon, in disputed circumstances.


Substitute Spence headed past Smith following a cross out wide, however Lions’ Todd was down, with a head injury, on the six-yard line, however play continued around the defender and the visitors had their way back in the match.


Ezequiel Miranda came close to retaining a two-goal lead, and wrapping up the points for Stockport, when his cross-come-shot caught out Wyatt on his line and the keeper tipped the ball over his crossbar.


The visitors pushed forward as the clocked ticked down in search of a late equaliser, but Town’s defence withheld the pressure, and the home side cheered as the referee brought the game to a close and the Lions had their victory.

Please reload

Follow Us
Please reload

Search By Tags
Please reload

  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
Club Sponsors & Partners

© 2015 by Stockport Town FC Company Number: 08885015

Mailing List