Please reload

Recent Posts

Stockport Town Launch New Club Badge

July 9, 2018

Please reload

Featured Posts

Up and Down Game Ends in 3-3 Thriller

August 28, 2017

Stockport Town blew a two goal lead last Saturday in a 3-3 draw away to Abbey Hulton Utd in the Hallmark Security League.


The Lions took the lead through Ben Halfacre in the first half, and doubled their lead after the break following Ruben Abreu’s effort. However Hulton hit back and took the lead with goals from Joshua Buxton, Kieran Ball and Sam Luke, before Tyler Edwards replied late on to share the points.


Stockport Town arrived at Birches Head Road on the back of an away defeat to Whitchurch Alport, and the Lions quickly put that result behind them when they took the lead after 15 minutes.


Jamie Hinchliffe picked up the ball in the centre of the pitch and drifted out right before cutting a cross back into the penalty area, and Halfacre accepted the invitation to strike by directing a powerful header into the top corner.


The visitors went close to increasing their lead with efforts from Dahrius Waldron and Ashley Stott denied, before Conor Downes was forced off minutes before half-time with a leg injury.


Following the restart Town went on the attack once again and found their second of the afternoon as Abreu found himself inside the box and fired on goal past the goalkeeper, and despite Stott claiming to have got a flick on the goal-bound strike, Abreu was awarded the goal.


Despite looking to be in a commanding position in the match, the Lions dropped off the pace and were pegged back through Buxton as he headed in from a corner.


Into the final 10 minutes of the match and Hulton had their equaliser as Ball latched onto a defensive mistake and drove into the area before rifling a shot into the top corner past Dylan Forth in goal.


Within a matter of minutes, with the home side’s tails up they went in front through substitute Luke, once again following a defensive error and Town were punished.


However the game was over yet and the Lions sent bodies forward to salvage something from the match, and their patience was rewarded as a clearance fell to Edwards on the edge of the area, and his shot took a deflection on the way in but Town didn't care, they were back in it.


Hulton had a couple of chances in the final few minutes but Forth saved well twice in a matter of seconds to ensure Stockport left Abbey Hulton with a point as the referee brought the game to a close.

Please reload

Follow Us
Please reload

Search By Tags
Please reload

  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
Club Sponsors & Partners

© 2015 by Stockport Town FC Company Number: 08885015

Mailing List