Please reload

Recent Posts

Stockport Town Launch New Club Badge

July 9, 2018

Please reload

Featured Posts

Last-Gasp Winner For Halfacre

October 9, 2017

Stockport Town returned to winning ways with a last gasp 2-1 home win over Daisy Hill on Non League Day last Saturday afternoon.


The Hallmark Security Clash saw Dave Wild’s side resume their fight for an early playoff position in the Division One table, and Saturday’s victory saw Town retain their spot just outside the top six.


Goals from Jamie Hinchliffe and Ben Halfacre’s last minute winner saw the Lions over the line, but Richard Coley’s strike for Daisy Hill gave the home side a scare, and they pushed their hosts to the very end only to come up short.

 The match began with a slow start from both sides, neither gaining the upper hand with possession and the Lions looked a shadow off themselves following recent league and cup performances.


Aaron Dwyer came close to opening the scoring twice but firstly saw his effort saved well by Craig Haynes in the Hill goal, before minutes later blazing over the bar from a tight angle.


Town’s opener came in the 27th minute as Edward Driver produced a fine run down the right, proceeding to cut back a cross to Tyler Edwards, who in turn chose to dummy the ball for Hinchliffe, who duly guided his shot past Haynes via a deflection.


Despite going in front and pressing to put the match to bed before the break, Stockport only mustered up a couple of chances before the break. Dwyer came close again with an audacious chip before Dahrius Waldron saw his near post effort sail over the crossbar.


The second half saw Town hit with a reality check. Controlling the end of the first half and the early stages of the second period, Daisy Hill countered and Coley slotted home past Dylan Forth to get the visitors back on level terms.


Wild’s Lions almost retook the lead when former Hill striker, Ashley Stott, squandered a tap and ended up clearing the ball off the line for his former teammates. Not that they were complaining.


However as Town substitutes began to quicken the pace of the game again, Hill had managed to hold their hosts back up until the 93rd minute when replacement Liam Millen’s header back across goal was latched onto by other substitute, Ben Halfacre, whose looping header beat Haynes, sending the home fans ecstatic and securing all three points.


Stockport are back in action this weekend as they travel to playoff rivals Alsager Town on Saturday afternoon, kick-off 3pm.

Please reload

Follow Us
Please reload

Search By Tags
Please reload

  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
Club Sponsors & Partners

© 2015 by Stockport Town FC Company Number: 08885015

Mailing List