Please reload

Recent Posts

Stockport Town Launch New Club Badge

July 9, 2018

Please reload

Featured Posts

Town Draw Blank Against Blackpool

February 19, 2018

Stockport Town will feel it was two points dropped after they drew 0-0 at home to AFC Blackpool last Saturday in the Hallmark Security League.


Blackpool arrived at Stockport Sports Village looking to maintain their push for a playoff place in the Division One table, However the Lions were the superior side for the majority of the encounter.

The Lions went close through attackers Rhys Webb and Ruben Abreu in the first half, however Callum Kirkland did well to keep Stockport out between the goalposts. Blackpool did come close late on in the game through defender Martin Baird but both sides left with a share of the points.


Saturday’s result saw Town keep just their third clean sheet this season and the match, despite being goalless, was filled with opportunities to break the deadlock.


Webb had a chance inside the first two minutes of the match, receiving the ball on the edge of the Blackpool area before spinning the defender and getting a shot on target, well saved by Kirkland.


Town looked dangerous through periods of the first half, mainly through winger Abreu down the right channel. The Lion cut inside numerous times before getting shots on goal, but once again Kirkland was on point to clean up.


The second half saw Town come close to opening the scoring once again as youngster Robbie Wallis delivered a pin-point cross to the back post for Treyvon Simpson, however Simpson guided his headed the wrong side of the post and wide.

Blackpool had a 20 minute spell to which they came close to taking an unexpected lead as topscorer Ben Duffield saw a vicious shot on goal well saved by Lions keeper Dylan Forth.


Dave Worthington’s Mechanics came inches closer in the 71st minute as Baird connected with a cross in front of goal but headed wide of Forth’s post. Just five minutes later Blackpool played a neat one-two on the edge of the Town area but Gregory’s eventual shot was saved again by Forth.


Matt Hanson came off the bench to make his debut, and showed some neat touches. The 19 year old Stopfordian had recently returned from a stint in the USA and will be hoping to make an impact between now and the end of the season.


The match petered out as both sides failed to trouble the opposition keeper in the final 10 minutes as Stockport remain in 11th place in the league standings.


Stockport are next in action when they take on Bacup Borough this Thursday evening in the league at Brian Boys West View Stadium, kick-off 7:45pm.

Please reload

Follow Us
Please reload

Search By Tags
Please reload

  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
Club Sponsors & Partners

© 2015 by Stockport Town FC Company Number: 08885015

Mailing List